IMG_36662

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Baby Scroggy

Today, I had my first appointment with Dr. McAlpine and we were able to see Baby Scroggy. If you look closely at the first picture, you can see the eyes, nose and mouth...Amazing!

scan0005

scan0001

We decided to bring Tyler with us to the appointment, and saying that it was a huge mistake is a major understatement. He cried, fussed and whined the entire time. The doctor had to have him and Matt leave the room during the ultrasound, so Matt didn't even get to hear the heartbeat. When I was on the exam table, Tyler seemed concerned as he kept whining, repeating "mommy".

The heartbeat is strong and the baby looks healthy. He/she is about an inch long. It was such a relief to see the baby and to see and hear the heartbeat. I have to admit that it wasn't quite the "magical" experience that I had with my first pregnancy since I was so distracted by Tyler this time. Also, the doctor thinks that I may have a bicornuate uterus ("heart-shaped" uterus), which I found very strange since I've asked multiple doctors to check for this at previous appointments, (especially during my prenatal care with Tyler) and I was always told that my uterus was normal. The doctor didn't seemed concerned about it since my body can obviously bring a baby to full term, however, he still referred me to a Maternal-Fetal Medicine physician to be looked at further. I'm trying not to worry, but it definitely tainted my visit a little bit today. I really wish I could get it overwith soon, but my appointment isn't until July 8th.

So, we are so happy that we have a healthy little baby and that we have a healthy, although wild and crazy, toddler as well.

1 comment:

  1. hello little baby boy # 2!!! =)
    I think his mouth/nose/profile looks a lot like Tyler......really!!

    ReplyDelete