IMG_36662

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Big Brother

IMG_1620edit

It's true! Tyler is going to be a big brother! We recently found out that we are expecting a second baby and we are so excited. I am almost 7 weeks along in my pregnancy and I'm feeling pretty good except for the constant exhaustion and occasional nausea. My first ultrasound is on June 14th, so I'm really looking forward to seeing this baby and making sure he/she is healthy. We decided to "try" to have a baby in April. I took a pregnancy test on Mother's Day, but it was too early so I got a negative result. Matt and I were both more disappointed than we thought we'd be. Thankfully, I took a second test on the following Wednesday and we got a positive result! I am so thankful and I realize that we are extremely blessed to have no difficulty getting pregnant.

IMG_1613edit

We told Matt's parents almost immediately and they were so happy for us. This will be their 5th grandchild...less than two years ago they didn't have any! We decided to wait a few weeks to tell my parents since they'd be visiting for the long Memorial Day weekend. They arrived right at the end of Tyler's morning nap. He was wearing his "Big Bro" shirt when they went in to see him. After 5 or 10 minutes, Matt and I kept looking at each other like, "When are they going to notice his shirt?!" Finally my mom read the shirt, got really loud saying, "Big Bro? His shirt says Big Bro! Are you pregnant?! NO!! NO!!!" It was awesome. They love being grandparents and they are so excited for a second grandchild.

We had a wonderful weekend with my parents. Matt had the day off on Saturday and we went to the aquatic center that has the most incredible kiddie pool. There is a playground in the water with fountains spraying everywhere. That evening my mom cooked an amazing meal and we celebrated my upcoming 27th birthday.

IMG_1621edit

IMG_1622edit

IMG_1628edit

IMG_1630edit
Tyler loves baths given by his Grandma.

On Sunday, Matt had to go back to work. My parents, Tyler and I went to church in the morning. When we brought Tyler to the nursery, he got down, ran through the gate, started playing with the toys, and didn't look back. When we came to pick him up after the service, he saw my mom, squealed so loud, ran to her and jumped into her arms. It was so sweet. That afternoon, my cousin Lauren came to visit us since she was in town for the weekend from D.C. While she was here, we kept telling Tyler to call her "Lala", and by the time she left when we asked, "Tyler, who is this?" He would answer, "YAYA!"

IMG_1633edit

IMG_1638edit

IMG_1640edit

IMG_1641edit

On Monday, we all went to explore Maclay Gardens State Park after Tyler's morning nap.

IMG_1658edit

IMG_1662edit

IMG_1656edit

IMG_1655edit

IMG_1652edit

IMG_1663edit

IMG_1666edit

IMG_1667edit

IMG_1668edit

IMG_1672edit

IMG_1675edit

IMG_1679edit

IMG_1677edit

Last night Tyler and I went to my aunt's and uncle's house for dinner. My cousin Colleen, her husband Tai and their new baby, Benny were visiting. When I picked up the baby, Tyler started crying. Not good!

IMG_1689edit

IMG_1690edit

Tyler would not let go of these balls, even as he was eating his chips:

IMG_1686edit

Tyler Updates:

-We think he might be transitioning to one nap per day. He has probably only taken an afternoon nap twice this week. He gets so sleepy in the morning, but he just doesn't seem to want to nap in the afternoon. We still put him in his crib just in case he wants to nap, and he usually spends about an hour talking to his stuffed monkey.
-New words: Goat, baby, more, mine, alright. I don't know where he picked up "alright", but when he gets excited he screams, "Alright!"
-If we ask, "What does the car do?" Tyler says, "Beep, beep, beep!"
-If we ask, "What does Cookie Monster do?" Tyler sticks out his tongue and put his hands up to his mouth like he's eating cookies."
-If we ask, "What's in here?" while pointing to my belly, he says, "Baby!"
-If we ask, "Where's the baby?" Tyler points to my belly.
-When we go outside, Tyler sometimes says, "Bye-bye, Bubba!" (Bubba=Buster)
-When I get him out of the bath tub, he says goodbye to his toy boats by saying, "Bye-bye boats!"
-Last week I said, "Tyler, grandma and grandpa are coming to visit this weekend. Are you going to give them a hug?" He walked over to the computer and gave it a big hug! He's so used to Skyping with them...Hilarious!
-He loves putting Matt's Jaguars cap on backwards.
-His obsession has shifted from Goldfish crackers to blueberries. We are very excited that he's eating fruit, but the kid goes through a pint per day if we let him! He just keeps shoveling them in and saying, "More!"
-He's finally getting some veggies in his diet because we discovered that he will eat peas. This is strange since peas were the one baby food that he absolutely hated.
-I took Tyler and Buster outside the other day. When Buster started peeing, Tyler pointed and said, "Pee-pee!"
-A chick-fil-A commercial was on T.V. the other day and when Tyler saw the cow he said, "Mooooo!"
-If I ask him, "How much does mommy love you?" He throws his hands up in the air and sometimes says "Dit Muh!" ("This much!")

He is understanding just about everything we say now. He is so amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment