
We celebrated Mother's Day as a family on Saturday and it was just perfect. I spent the morning with Tyler, playing and watching Sesame Street. Then after he got up from his morning nap, Matt and I packed a picnic lunch and we all headed to Maclay Gardens. We ate lunch, swam in the lake, saw lots of fish, ate lots of fish (Goldfish crackers), played on the playground, and explored around the crew boats. Before heading back home we walked around the gardens for a while. We love it there! It's so beautiful. When we got home, we all took a nap. Naps are a rarity in my life, so I was very thankful to get one! My sweet cousin, Mary Rose, came over at 5:00 to babysit so Matt and I could go to Kool Beanz Cafe for dinner, TCBY for dessert and then to the movie Water for Elephants. I'm so glad I have such an amazing husband and such a sweet little boy. I felt so blessed this weekend. Being a mother is the most incredible thing I've ever done and I am so thankful that God has entrusted Tyler to us.

Tyler has been learning so much, doing so much, and changing so much...
-When asked, "Where's your______?", he can point out his tummy, teeth, feet, toes, hands, and fingers. He can sometimes point out his ears, nose and eyes.
-When asked, "What does the _______ say?", he can tell you what the monkey, sheep and cow say.
-He has 16 teeth.
-When we tell him to go and get his shoes, he runs into his room and always brings us back a matching pair.
-I was recently going through some of Tyler's old clothes, and there were about 6 tiny pairs of shoes scattered across his bedroom floor. A few minutes later, I looked over to see what Ty was doing and he had put all the shoes into matching pairs!
-I forgot to mention something funny he did at my grandma's house in my last post. She has this very annoying clock that chimes extremely loudly every half hour. Every time it would chime, no matter what Tyler was doing, he'd stop and say, "Tick-tock!" When we were up with him in the middle of the night, he was so sick and the clock chimed. My mom and I watched to see what he'd do, but he was so exhausted and we could tell he really wanted to say it, but he just didn't have the energy.
-He has a few new words: Tick-tock (That counts as a word, right?), Bike, Bubble, Poo-poo, Uh-oh (he says this whenever he falls or when something else falls).
-We have been playing a game where I say "KISS ME!" and I give him lots of kisses, he laughs and tries to kiss me, bite me, etc. And he's started to say, "Kiss me!" It sounds more like "Kit me!"
-When we were driving the other day, I pointed out a new store coming to town and I said, "There's that new Hobby Lobby." I immediately hear Ty's little voice from his car seat, "Hobby-obby!" He mimics us so much!
-He is constantly walking around with his bucket on his head.


-He has a Goldfish cracker obsession. Sometimes he'll wake up from his nap saying, "Fish?" We are trying to break him of the habit because he doesn't need to be snacking constantly. I wonder if Pepperidge Farm has a rehab facility.
-Tyler loves Sesame Street. He thinks Cookie Monster is hilarious and laughs every time he stuffs his face with cookies. He smiles and dances every time "Elmo's World" comes on.
-When Matt watches Sports Center on ESPN, Tyler will look at the TV and say, "Football!"
-Tyler and I had a picnic in our back yard yesterday. I handed him a napkin for the first time and he immediately wiped his mouth with it.
-Matt was pushing Tyler in his stroller at the mall recently. They were in a sports store and of course Tyler kept repeating, "football!" Matt said when they left the store, Tyler continued to say "football" over and over. After a while, Matt finally realized that Tyler had stolen a football from the store! He had to go all the way back to the store to give it back.
(Mommy miletone side note: I recently trained for and ran a 5k, and lost 15 lbs. I never thought I'd be able to say either of those things! After Tyler's first birthday came and went, I decided I could no longer claim the "baby weight" excuse.)
This munchkin is such a joy to watch and to be around. I love this little guy!






love this blog! lets all be glad thats the only thing he's doing witht hat bucket haha! love you!
ReplyDeletecousin lindsle