IMG_36662

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Curious

My little boy is so curious about everything.

IMG_0987bw

I took him to Eastpoint to his great-grandma's house on Sunday. My mom and her four sisters were there celebrating my grandma's birthday, so we wanted to spend a little time with everyone. Tyler had a blast. He loved walking around her yard exploring and observing everything.

He was really interested in this bucket.

IMG_1000edit

He even found a lizzard in there. I gave it to him to hold, and he was totally fearless as he picked it up and threw it down on the ground.

IMG_0976

IMG_0980edit

IMG_0979edit

There was a squirrel that ran up under the deck and Tyler spent quite a bit of time looking for it.

IMG_1009edit

IMG_1011edit

The horseshoe game was also of interest.

IMG_1008edit

IMG_1007edit

He loved my grandma's boats, especially the canoe. On Monday morning, he was even crying at the door, wanting to get outside, repeating, "boe!"

IMG_1020edit

IMG_1022edit

IMG_1024edit

He's really beginning to understand so many things that we say and do (yikes!). When it's time to put his shoes on, I sit him down and he hands me each shoe and lifts up his feet for me to put them on. When bed-time is drawing near, he starts to put a few books up on the table next to the rocking chair because he knows I will read to him before bed. He's so smart!

He's going through another stage where he will wake up really early (between 5:30 and 5:45). Nothing I've tried is fixing the problem, so I have just decided to accept it. I won't get him up for the day until after 6am, but I've given up trying to fix the problem because nothing is working. I'm just praying that one day (maybe when we Spring Forward?) he will sleep later.

What a great weekend. Wanna hear something sad? I went to sleep before my grandma on Sunday night. One of my favorite parts of the weekend was listening to my grandma's commentary of the Super Bowl Halftime Show. The best comment had to be (referring to the Black Eyed Peas), "They look like a bunch of devils!"

Here are a few more pictures from the weekend!

IMG_0982

IMG_1017edit

IMG_0993edit

IMG_0992edit

IMG_1016edit

3 comments:

  1. OMG I lOVE LOVE LOVE the 1st photo......the black & white one of him looking in the bucket. Whoever took it.....KUDOS!!!!!
    Also-I totally lol-ed when I read how you fell asleep before your grandma and how she said the black eyed peas "looked like a bunch of devils!" hahaha.......=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm I love that your Grandma can hang later than you. So sad my dear friend. lol Ty is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the photos at GG's! I loved watching Tyler run around the yard! The bucket and lizard pictures are precious. You are right! He is so smart!.....oh, another comment of the Super Bowl halftime show was..."What's the point?" Too funny!

    ReplyDelete