

Fall is here! The weather here in south Florida is not very "fallish", but the extreme heat is beginning to subside.
My childhood girlfriends and I had a girls weekend recently. It was the first time I've ever left Cora overnight. It went terribly (for her and Matt), actually, and I felt awful for leaving. She got up screaming a few times, and Tyler was up also. Needless to say, Matt didn't get much sleep. I'm so thankful that he watched the kiddos for me because I had such a great time with my friends. I love how much they love my babies.


I love this one of Tyler.

Next door neighbor growing up

I recently went to Washington D.C. with my parents for the weekend to attend my cousin's wedding. We brought the kids. I'm glad I went, but it was exhausting! Driving, flying, train rides, hotel rooms, etc. - It was nuts. When we arrived at about 5pm, Tyler hadn't napped all day, and the hotel was hosting a happy hour. Tyler was so tired that he was laughing hysterically every time he did something destructive. Before I knew it, he grabbed a glass of wine and slammed it down in the ice bin, shattering it. That was my cue to take the kids upstairs and put them in bed. The kids actually did great on our trip. We went into D.C. on two different days - Took a tour of the capital, walked around the mall, went to the Natural History Museum and the Air and Space Museum. All weekend, Tyler kept saying, "I don't wanna get married!" I had a babysitter for Cora on the night of the wedding, but Tyler came with us. He looked SO cute in his shirt and tie! He was really exhausted all night since the shuttle didn't take us back to the hotel until 11:30pm. Then, Cora woke up for the day at 3am, so we were all pretty exhausted on our trip back to Florida. My parents were an incredible help all weekend! I wouldn't have survived it without them - for reals.
We visited our first pumpkin patch yesterday and despite Ty Ty being pretty sick, he had a great time knocking over and/or throwing all of the pumpkins. Prepare yourselves for ridiculous cuteness...





As he was climbing down, another kid was climbing up. When Ty saw the other boy, he scrambled back up to the top, sat and just stared down at him. Hay King.


















Cora Update:
She is nine months old. She's cruising along the couches now. I don't think walking is too far off! She's mostly sleeping through the night, and she's eating more finger foods in addition to nursing and eating baby food.
Tyler Update:
He will be three years old in December!
He knows left and right.
He's still working on counting. It's usually still somewhat out of order. Counting to five goes like this: one, two, three, five, four!
He's awesome at puzzles. He's learning about corner pieces and side pieces. Today, I hurt my toe, and he ran into the room yelling, "What happened?!" Then he rubbed my back and quietly asked, "Wanna do a puzzle? Dat will make you feel better."
My parents took Tyler to a puppet show recently. In the car on the way home, he wouldn't stop chattering. Then he said, "That made Ty Ty so happy." When he got home he told me, "When the puppets come out, dat made Ty Ty a little bit nervous."
I have to take both kids to the pediatrician this week by myself. It's for Cora's 9 month appointment, and Tyler's three year appointment. I'm really nervous because they both are getting shots, and this is the first time where Tyler is at an age where he can understand what a shot is, be afraid of it, and try to fight the nurses off. It should be an interesting morning!

No comments:
Post a Comment