IMG_36662

Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas 2011

IMG_2715

We spent this Christmas in St. George Island with Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Joy and Uncle Chris. We had a great time relaxing, walking (or, running, in Tyler's case) on the beach, and being with family. I'm SO sad that the week is over! Tyler had so much fun playing with his grandparents and bonding with his aunt and uncle.

We spent Christmas Eve at Gigi's house with aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins, and friends.

IMG_2724
Watching Charlie Brown Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa

IMG_2748
The Nixon family at Gigi's on Christmas Eve

IMG_2799
Cute little Benny!

IMG_2840
Tyler just walked over to Benny on the floor and sat on him. Hilarious!

Christmas morning was really fun. Tyler ran right past his presents and gave his grandma a big hug. Then, he saw the presents and was so excited. He got a tricycle, a comfy chair, a train set, a fish tank, a car ramp, a rock-and-roll Elmo, and LOTS of other stuff. I put a cheap little net in his stocking and he was so excited about it. He kept holding it out saying he was going to "catch the bee!" He even ran toward the stairs and when we asked where we was going he said, "to catch the bee!" Then he said, "catch baby Jeeus", walked over to his Little People nativity set and put baby Jesus in his net. We had a great morning watching him enjoy everything. He loved his train set from Grandma and Grandpa. They gave him a hat with a train on it to wear when he plays with the trains...Tyler didn't take it off all week! When he was opening his train set he said, "All aboard!" I have no idea where he picked that up from. He's amazing.

IMG_2853

IMG_2855

IMG_2868

IMG_2871

IMG_2886
We were trying to show Tyler how Elmo worked, so we asked him to give Elmo the instruments. He said, "Noooo", took the instruments and ran into the kitchen, sat down on the floor and played by himself. I guess he doesn't like to share!

IMG_2890
Tyler got this silly Toy Story outfit from my grandma Laub. He opened it and said, "On?" The pants are a tad large.

IMG_2914
"Boo!"

IMG_2915

IMG_2917

IMG_2931
Tyler loves his new Toy Story shirt. He loves the "Buzz movie". When I'm rocking him before bed, he likes me to sing the "Buzz" song: "You've Got a Friend In Me".

My little beach lover ran on the beach all week. He literally couldn't walk one morning because he ran on the beach too much the day before.

IMG_2937

IMG_2944
Getting Aunt Joy!

IMG_2949

IMG_2951

IMG_2953

IMG_2959
Chasing birds

IMG_2968

IMG_2979
Touching a fish

IMG_2988

IMG_2993

IMG_2998

IMG_3003

IMG_3019

IMG_3020

IMG_3031

IMG_3032

IMG_3036

IMG_3039

IMG_3050

IMG_3059

Pregnancy Update:

IMG_3065
My belly at ~ 37 weeks

I'm huge! I feel like my skin cannot stretch anymore and that I'm going to burst if Cora gets any bigger at all. I can't believe that I'll be meeting my daughter in less than three weeks! This is a very overwhelming time. Now that the holidays are behind us, I'm trying to tie things up at work, get all the last minute things done for Cora's arrival, and cherish every moment with my boy. It makes us so sad that our time with just him is coming to an end. I hope he adjusts well to the changes. It breaks my heart thinking of him feeling sad or left out. I know everything will turn out okay, but there are just lots of emotions right now. I wonder if my next post will be when my baby girl is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment