IMG_36662

Monday, March 7, 2011

Baby Showers and Snake Bites

IMG_1078

The past few weeks have been pretty standard, but life always seems busy these days. Four of Tyler's molars are coming in. They had all poked through a couple of weeks ago, so I thought the hard part was over. I was wrong. Molars are so different from the other teeth and they are taking their time coming in. Tyler has been a trooper, just a bit crankier than normal and a lot harder to get to sleep some nights.

We have been trying to transition Tyler from baby food, but he gives me such a hard time with a lot of different foods. He won't eat vegetables and even though he loves baby food fruit, he won't eat "grown up" fruit. He just throws everything on the ground and I get extremely frustrated. So, I ordered the book Deceptively Delcious by Jessica Seinfeld and it is saving us! I would highly recommend it to anyone trying to get their kids to eat well. It is full of healthy recipes with hidden pureed vegetables...Tyler loves the things I've made so far.

I recently babysat for our neighbor's son who is five months older than Tyler. So I got a small taste of what it would be like to have two boys...I must say, I loved it! They played so well together that I was able to cook dinner, do dishes and tidy up the apartment before Tyler went to sleep. I heard them talking in Ty's room, so I poked my head in the doorway to see them sitting together looking at books. Precious.

IMG_1093edit

The other day Tyler and Matt were walking around outside while I was working. When they came in, Matt said "Tyler had two 'Firsts.' It was the first time he's seen a snake and the first time he's been bit by a snake." Needless to say, I was not thrilled about this particular milestone. It was a small, baby cornsnake and Tyler ran up to it and grabbed it by the head. Matt said the snake attached himself to Ty's finger immediately and Tyler didn't even flinch. The snake didn't break the skin, thank goodness. What a fearless little guy.

IMG_1097

Tyler and I drove over to St. Augustine on Friday afternoon to stay with my cousin, Lindsay, and her husband, Danny, for the weekend. Traveling with Tyler by myself is very stressful and every time I do it I vow that I never will again. We had a fabulous weekend with family. I saw my cousins, my mom and 3 of her 4 sisters. We were all there for my cousin Colleen's baby shower, which turned out really nice. She is about 5 weeks away from delivery so we are all very excited to meet this little boy or girl very soon.

IMG_1250

IMG_1247

IMG_1254

IMG_1265

IMG_1258

IMG_1268

I've never done any sort of photo shoot, but when Colleen got pregnant, I asked her if we could do a maternity shoot so I could get some practice. I still don't have Photoshop software and I really had no clue what I was doing, but I thought some of them turned out pretty good. She looks so beautiful pregnant, so that helped tremendously. Here are a few of my favorites, taken at the fort in St. Augustine:

edit

IMG_1148edit

IMG_1145edit

IMG_1203edit

IMG_1188edit

IMG_1184edit

IMG_1165edit

IMG_1170editbw

IMG_1124edit

IMG_1126edit

IMG_1208edit

IMG_1213edit

IMG_1217edit

IMG_1231editbw

IMG_1233editbw

IMG_1237editbw

IMG_1238edit

Before coming back to Tallahassee, I also got to meet up with two girlfriends from high school. They are from Indiana but live in Jacksonville now with their husbands and little boys. It was great catching up and watching the boys play. It blows my mind to think about how much has changed in our lives. My ten year high school reunion is next year!

Matt and I are looking forward to some alone time together next week while Tyler spends the week with grandma and grandpa. I'm going to miss him so much, but I know that husband and wife time is very important. I think the only time I've been away from Ty was for 2 days back in September. I know Tyler won't have a problem being away from us because he'll be with his grandparents. He's not going to want to ever leave them!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness about the snake, I would have been freaking out! The baby shower looks like it was a success! And good job on the photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete