IMG_36662

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Goodbye, 2010

Life is quieting down now after weeks of holidays, birthdays, family and friends. We had a wonderful Christmas. On Christmas Eve, we took Tyler to Eastpoint to spend the holiday with my parents and my grandma. My aunt, uncle and cousin came over for Christmas Eve dinner and we had a great time eating, drinking and singing Christmas carols. Tyler was especially snuggly with everyone (especially my mom and my cousin, Colleen). Tyler wasn't very interested in the many presents he got to open on Christmas morning; He was mostly excited about the new balls he got from Santa (what a surprise!). Later that afternoon, we drove back to Tallahassee and my parents spent a few days with us.

IMG_0398

IMG_0399

IMG_0405

IMG_0425

IMG_0430

IMG_0432

IMG_0446

IMG_0448

IMG_0458

IMG_0469

IMG_0470

IMG_0476

IMG_0478

IMG_0519

We had a beautiful Christmas Eve sunset:

IMG_0503

IMG_0506

IMG_0494

IMG_0521

IMG_0545

IMG_0528

IMG_0560

Christmas morning:

IMG_0563

IMG_0566

IMG_0584

IMG_0594

I have lived in Florida for 23 years and I had never seen it snow here until the day after Christmas in Tallahassee! We took Tyler outside to dance around in the flurries.

IMG_0615

IMG_0612

IMG_0619

IMG_0628

IMG_0631

After my parents left Tallahassee, Matt's parents came for a visit. We had a great time with them and it was sad to see them go back to Ohio. We had a late Christmas with them, we went to the park, played games, and spent lots of quality family time together.

IMG_0641

IMG_0680

IMG_0663

IMG_0684

IMG_0685

IMG_0687

IMG_0692

IMG_0694

IMG_0697

My favorite part of their visit was when we went to Wakulla Springs for the afternoon. We took a boat ride and saw lots of alligators, birds and manatees.

IMG_0743

IMG_0701

IMG_0719

IMG_0727

IMG_0747

IMG_0762

We had our Scroggins Christmas and then we spent time playing outside in the wonderful, warm weather.

IMG_0768

IMG_0772

IMG_0775

IMG_0782

IMG_0777

IMG_0788

To our families: It was so wonderful to have you with us during the Christmas season. We love you so much and we are so thankful for you and for everything you do for us. Thank you for loving Tyler as much as you do. We are so blessed.

2010 was quite the year. Even though I carried and delivered Tyler in 2009, I feel like I really evolved as a mother in 2010. At least one who is a bit more confident, a bit more rested and a lot more in love. At times, I still struggle with being impatient, frustrated, overwhelmed and selfish...I have so much more to learn, but I am so thankful for this little boy.

Goodbye, 2010; You will not be forgotten. Looking forward to what 2011 will bring!

1 comment:

  1. I love your refection on 2010! You are such a good Mom and Tyler is so cute its becoming a problem! Can we please get these kids together? And us, hellllloooo! I miss you my sweet mamma friend.

    ReplyDelete