IMG_36662

Monday, November 29, 2010

Standing Up

Last week, Tyler decided to let go of whatever it was he was holding on to. Now he can stand. (It looks like he's playing air guitar. That's awesome.)

IMG_2873

He usually only stands for about 5 seconds, but I've seen him do it for about 15 seconds. He also took 2 steps on Wednesday! Walking is just around the corner.

Scroggy got a balloon for his birthday, and Tyler was obsessed. He was saying "boe-woe" all day. Does that count as his second word?

IMG_2877
IMG_2879
IMG_2878

Tyler is still getting into everything and I think starting to realize when he's doing something wrong. He will actually run (crawl) away from us when we're attemping to take something away from him. His new favorite activity is pulling all the baskets down from the cubbies in his changing table, and pulling out whatever is inside.

IMG_2907

I've also found lots of things in his hamper recently. Diapers, toys, pacifiers, remote controls, digital cameras, etc.

IMG_2917
IMG_2916

I drove down to my grandma's house with Tyler on Tuesday night. My parents and my aunt and uncle were there. We had a great time. Tyler finally recognized his grandparents and he LOVES them. He smiles so big and laughs every time he sees them. It's the sweetest thing.

IMG_2884
IMG_2886
IMG_2890
IMG_2894
IMG_2896
IMG_2897

We headed back to Tallahassee on Thursday morning for Tyler's first Thanksgiving. We all went over to my aunt and uncle's house for dinner and it was delicious! Quite a few family members were in town so we had a great time. Tyler actually took a nap at their house too...He's such a good sleeper! We tried to feed him Thanksgiving dinner but he wasn't having it.

IMG_2906
IMG_2905

Here is a picture of the young mommies. Me (and Tyler), my cousin's wife Jenny (and Gracie), and my cousin Colleen (and baby in belly). We were just missing Jenn Meyers!

IMG_2898

My best girlfriends from college were all in town for the FSU/UF game (By the way, what a great game! Finally, a win after a six year losing streak!), so on Friday night I got to spend some time with them. On Sunday, Christy and Vicky came over to meet Ty before they left town.

IMG_2921
IMG_2924

I miss them!

So, now that Thanksgiving is over, we should get ready for Christmas. We just got out the Christmas jammies, but we have lots more decorating and preparing to do.

IMG_2910

But before I can think of that, Tyler's birthday is on Friday! We are having a few family members over for a party on Saturday. Tyler is only a baby for 4 more days! Unbelieveable.

No comments:

Post a Comment