-His first word is "ball" and he says it all the time, like he's proud of himself.
-He rolls his R's when he gets mad.
-He pulls up and cruises.
-He crawls really, really fast.
-Every time he comes into our bedroom, he pulls up onto my file cabinet and tries to turn off my computer.
-He has thrown two different things into the toilet.
-When he sees Buster, he opens his mouth, squeals, and waits for Buster to give him kisses (It's gross, I know).
-He has eaten 4 live Millipedes that he's found around the apartment.
-He eats some pureed foods, some smashed foods and some finger foods.
-He has five teeth.
-I think he's beginning to sometimes wave and say "bye-bye".
-He's been more affectionate lately, occasionaly giving kisses, giving "hugs" (putting his head down on your lap, shoulder, etc.), and snuggling his stuffed animals.
-He sleeps with a stuffed animal, a monkey.
Tyler sleeps very well, but the past couple of weeks he has woken up a few times during the night. I would reluctantly give him a bottle and he'd go back to sleep. So, by the advice of my cousin who is an amazing mom, I let Tyler "cry it out" the other night. He woke up crying at 11:45. I let him cry until midnight and then I went into his room, gave him a pacifier, laid him back down (he was standing up) and left the room. I went in again at 12:15, gave him a pacifier and left the room. When I turned the baby monitor back on at 12:30, he was asleep. I haven't had to do it since.
We took Tyler and Buster to Tom Brown Park on Saturday afternoon for a picnic. It was great. The weather is so amazing right now. Tyler spent a good majority of the time trying to eat leaves, rocks and sand. Then we went to the playground and put Tyler on the swing. He was a little uninterested at first, but then Matt started saying "boo" every time Ty swung by, and he broke down laughing.
We are starting to spend a lot more time outside now that it's not a billion degrees outside. Tyler just crawls around, feeling the grass, pushing his ball and saying "ball" repeatedly.
My friend, Kasey, came up to Tallahassee last weekend for a visit. She came with her new husband, Will, and it was so great to meet him and to see my old friend. Kasey and I met at church when we were 14 years old, and we were roommates during our senior year of college at FSU. Tyler LOVED her!
Ty-Ty doesn't take it very well when I wake him up prematurely from a nap. I love that I captured this hilarious face:
What's the point of babyproofing again?
At Lake Ella:
I love pretty much everything about October. I can't wait to take Tyler to a pumpkin patch and to dress him up for Halloween. Tonight Tyler wore his Halloween jammies for the first time, and he looked so cute.

No comments:
Post a Comment