I took Ty on his first long road trip this past weekend. We drove down to Stuart, FL to attend my friend, Jenn's wedding (and to see grandma and grandpa, of course). Tyler did great in the car and slept almost the entire way. The trip usually takes 5.5 hours, but with nursing stops, it took over 7 hours (Matt had to stay in Tallahassee since it's the middle of the semester.). We spent some time with grandma and grandpa...Tyler LOVES them. He spent the whole weekend smiling, kicking and squealing with delight. I love seeing them with him. Ty attended multiple wedding events and his first wedding ceremony and reception. It was perfect weather for a beach wedding. Jenn and I have been friends since I was 4 years old, so it was really special to be there for her on her wedding day. I have known 2 of the other bridesmaids for almost 20 years as well.
I also got the chance for Ty to have a play date with two of my friends' babies. Jackie's daughter, Maggie, was born 3 weeks before Tyler, and Meredith's son, Miles, was born 2 weeks before him. We all work together, so it was pretty strange that we all got pregnant within days of eachother. It was so sweet seeing our babies together for the first time.

Testing
ReplyDelete