IMG_36662

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Jupiter

IMG_4140

I'm finally posting! I hope to start blogging more often, but it's been very difficult with everything we have happening right now. We made it safely down to Jupiter and we have already been here for two weeks. On Friday, June 1st, a friend took Tyler for the day, another friend came over to play with Cora in between feedings, and some other friends helped us pack the moving truck. We didn't get much sleep on Thursday night, and Friday was totally full of moving and cleaning, and then at about 6:30 on Friday night, we loaded up the kids and started driving south. The kids pretty much screamed for the first half of the trip (3 hours), then they finally fell asleep. I was absolutely exhausted, but we made it to Jupiter a little after 1am. It has been a big adjustment but we're happy to be here.

IMG_4167

My parents are so happy to be around their grandchildren, even though it means things are very chaotic around their house now.

IMG_4162

We had a great Father's Day. I interviewed Tyler with some questions about his Daddy, which turned out pretty funny. We gave G-pa a photo book. G-ma and I cooked a big breakfast and lunch, and we went swimming in the pool. My kids are so lucky to have such a great Dad.

IMG_4171

IMG_4176

Tyler was given a reward for posing for all the pictures:

IMG_4175

Cora is so smiley! She LOVES watching Buster and even laughs at him. It's so sweet. She got her first tooth the other day (bottom right) and she's working on her second one (bottom left)...It has been terrible. You can see her first little tooth here:

IMG_4156

IMG_4160

IMG_4155

IMG_4151

IMG_4149

IMG_4148

IMG_4147

Ty Ty spent moving day with his friend, "Dan-yo" (Daniel). We showed up to pick him up and he was wearing an orange hard hat with these blue boots. Daniel let Tyler keep the boots and he wears them constantly!

IMG_4122

IMG_4121

IMG_4123

IMG_4127

Ty Ty loves stickers!

IMG_4130

Tyler has been keeping very busy here at G-ma's and G-pa's house. He goes on walks to see the "Paces on the Pees" (Faces on the trees), he goes to the park, he plays in the sandbox and in the pool, he goes to the beach, he goes to the zoo and on playdates with friends. We've been to "the castle" a couple of times; It's a really cool place called Playmobil Funpark that just lets kids play with tons of toys and it only costs $1! Plus, the building looks like a castle, so Tyler loves that. Yesterday when Cora woke up from her nap, Tyler got down in her face and asked, "Wanna go to the castle, "B. Toya" (Baby Cora)?

Tyler's G-ma let him pick out a bike helmet at Target last week. He picked out a really goofy one that looks like a shark (Or a dragon...We can't tell for sure). He loves wearing it, so I'll need to get a picture soon. He also loves wearing his cowboy hat and blue boots (he calls them his "cowboy shoes") so he can look like Woody. He recently found two of my headbands, and he puts one around his tummy and one over his eyes and he calls himself Superman. I also need a picture of that! He's so funny.

He usually behaves well when he is with my parents, or with us. But, when we are all together he acts out. I'm not sure why, but he starts hitting and kicking a lot. We've been trying time out, so I'm really hoping that works.

Matt took Tyler to his first movie the other night: Madagascar 3. He watched the entire movie! He had to sit on the edge of his seat because if he leaned back the seat would fold up on him. So, Matt said he just sat there with his sippy cup in the cup holder and he just watched the movie and laughed occasionally. He would take an occasional sip from his cup and he would reach over and get some popcorn. I wish I could've been there! Matt also took Tyler to Rodger Dean stadium last week for a minor league game. He didn't watch much of the game, but he enjoyed following the mascot around, eating chips and switching seats lots of times.

Funny things Tyler has said recently:

Anytime we tell him it's time to eat a meal, he starts whining, "Ty Ty don't want eat any 'dee-yo' (dinner)!"
He was going on a walk with his G-ma, and I was starting to follow so I could go with them, and he pointed to the house and said, "Go back inside!"
"A 'squito' (mosquito) bit me! Dat not very nice a me."

Now on to this little girl...

IMG_4132

Isn't she cute?! I can't get over it. Besides getting her first tooth, she is still a terrible sleeper! She still typically wakes up twice per night (the last couple of nights have been a little bit better), and she's very hard to get down to sleep because she absolutely cannot soothe herself. I still swaddle her because every time I try to get rid of it, she can't go to sleep. She also won't take a bottle, so we are currently practicing that so that I can get an occasional break. Just this past week, we can sometimes get her to take a pacifier. Her hair used to be brown, but now it's blonde (although, it looks red in these pictures). She's rolling around and grabbing for toys, and I've found a few things that really make her giggle. Based on her last appointment, I would guess she's a little over 13 lb. now. She's a peanut.

IMG_4134

IMG_4133

IMG_4141

IMG_4135

IMG_4136

It has been great being near family. I've been doing playdates with old friends and having a great time with them. My friends threw a birthday party at the beach for me on Saturday and it was so great getting everyone together and catching up.

No comments:

Post a Comment