IMG_36662

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sleep

IMG_3979 IMG_3981 IMG_3982 IMG_3984 IMG_3985 IMG_3989 Cora is finally sleeping well! It is amazing how much more wonderful motherhood is when your child sleeps. I usually feed her before she goes down to sleep and after she wakes up (from naps and for the night). She's taking between two and three naps a day (usually two). She has been going to sleep around 6:30pm, waking me up once during the night, and waking up around 7:30am. Although, two nights this week, she slept through the night. It was amazing! I'm still breastfeeding, so waking up after 12 hours with no feedings was pretty uncomfortable (but totally worth it). Cora is starting to move around a little bit more. Sometimes when she wakes up from a nap, she will be facing a different direction than where she was when she fell asleep. I think she'll be flipping from her back to her belly soon. She can turn on her side. She loves to coo and smile, and she is much easier to keep happy these days, although she still prefers to be held and to have our constant and undivided attention. Tyler is so smart. I can't get over it. We can pretty much carry on a conversation now, which is awesome. I love that he repeats so much of what he hears. Some cute or funny things he has been saying: Recently, Matt was heading out the door and said, "Tyler, let's go." So, Tyler said, "Otay! I be right there, Daddy! I coming, Daddy!" Recently, we were about to sit down and have dinner out on the deck, and we had forgotten to give Tyler a drink, so he said, "Heyyyy! What about my water?" We spend a lot of time outside. I almost always take the kids across the street to the park when I get off of work. A few times recently, we've been outside and Tyler says, "It beau-ful outside!" He says, "Aww nuts!" which I think he picked up from Curious George (still his favorite show). When he wants diaper rash cream, he says, "I need med-cine on my butt." Matt took Tyler shopping with him at Kohl's last week. When they left the store, Tyler looked up at Matt and said, "I yike dat store. It my favorite." Whenever he and Matt get back home after being out, he comes in yelling, "Mommy, I here! I back now!" Today, he said, "What the heck Ty Ty do to my ball?" I've saved the best for last: Last week, he gave me a big hug and said, "I yuh you so much." We went to a friend's wedding last week and Tyler was so excited to "go dancing". He was so cute out on that dance floor. He danced so much and didn't care who was watching; It was so sweet. Here are some pictures of our super classy front yard fun: IMG_3995 IMG_3998 On Sunday, we went to the beach with a group of friends and their kids. Everyone brought lots of toys, so there were toys EVERYWHERE. The kids spent the day playing on the beach, and finding horseshoe crabs, hermit crabs and snails. Then, we grilled and ate dinner out on the beach. It was such a great day. The kids kept getting cut up on the rocks...One family had to head back to Tallahassee for stitches. I didn't know Tyler had hurt himself until the next day. He had scrapes on both palms, both knees, his back and one of his feet. He didn't even cry or come to tell me about it. Tyler and Cora both screamed the entire way from Tallahassee to the beach (over an hour drive). I was about to lose my mind when we got there. Tyler was supposed to nap on the way there. He passed out on the way home while Cora screamed almost the entire way back. When we got home, I just changed Ty's diaper and put him in his crib. He was really out of it saying, "What happened? Where's Dan-yo (Daniel)?" He was SO tired. So was Cora...She slept through the night. IMG_4067 IMG_4074 IMG_4083 IMG_4043 IMG_4032 IMG_4014 IMG_4096 IMG_4103 IMG_4102 IMG_4092 IMG_4094 IMG_4090 IMG_4071 IMG_4034 IMG_4030 IMG_4031 IMG_4025 IMG_4024 IMG_4011 IMG_4007 IMG_4004 IMG_4003

No comments:

Post a Comment