We have survived the first month as a family of four! At Cora's one month check-up, she weighed 9 lb. 9 oz. (70%) and was 20 3/4 in long. She is still waking up at night every 2.5 to 4 hours, and unfortunately she usually doesn't go right back to sleep after the nighttime feedings. So far it has been difficult to keep her content while she's awake. We can't put her down for more than about a minute until she starts screaming. So, we are constantly holding her, bouncing her, etc. We are sincerely hoping that this is a phase that will pass soon! She is successfully breastfeeding, though, which is such a blessing and I'm loving it. It doesn't happen often yet, but she has smiled a couple of times for me.
For a week or so, Tyler was very whiny and mommy-needy, but it seems to be getting a little better. I think he's tired of me constantly holding and/or feeing her. He is getting SO smart. He's constantly impressing us with his extensive vocabulary and understanding. This morning we were skyping with my parents, so I paused his morning cartoon ("Bob the Builder", or in Tyler's words, "The Truck Show"). About five minutes into our conversation, he noticed that the show was paused and said, "Heyyy, what happened Ty-Ty's truck show?" He is also getting the hang of going pee-pee in the potty. We aren't officially potty training, but we casually let him go in the potty when he wants to (It's all about the M&M's). He's definitely starting to dislike the feeling of a full diaper. The other day when I went in to his room to get him after his nap, he was completely bottomless and his room smelled TERRIBLE. I walked in, he points to his diaper lying in his crib and said, "I got poo-poo!" Thankfully, it was still in the diaper and not all over the walls. He's hilarious! I love asking him, "Tyler, what are you thinking about?" I've gotten the following answers: "Daddy." "Gigi's house." "Christopher Robin." I recently met a few friends and their kids at the park near our house. Usually when Tyler enjoys being around other kids, but he plays by himself. When we were at the park, he really connected to a friend and they played so well together! Daniel and Tyler were playing together in the dirt, hunting for deer in the woods, playing with sticks, following eachother around and singing. It was so cute. When we left, he kept saying, "Where'd Dan-yo doe?"
I haven't taken very many pictures lately since I'm always either feeding or holding Cora. And if I'm not doing one of those two things, she is crying. So, hopefully next weekend I can get some good photos of the kids because we will be meeting G-ma at Gigi's house for the weekend! Tyler is very excited and he keeps talking about it. He's also very excited to go to G-ma and G-pa's house in March. He is really looking forward to gonig in a boat and swimming in their pool. I don't want my maternity leave to end!

No comments:
Post a Comment