IMG_36662

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Baby Girl

Ultrasound - 20 Weeks A

Today, I reached the halfway mark in my pregnancy. We went in to have an ultrasound this morning and we found out that we are having a girl!

For years, Matt and I have loved the name Cora, but we have always argued over the spelling; I liked Cora and he liked Kora. Finally one day, I told him that we needed to just flip a coin because neither of us were ever going to give in. Bad idea...He won the coin toss. Ever since then, I've been trying to accept the "K" and occasionally try to convince him to use the "C", but I could never get him to budge. I had to make my peace with it. Today after our ultrasound, we got into the car and Matt handed me a card. On the front of the card was a little girl. On the inside he had written a note that congratulated me on our little girl and then went on to say: "As a token of my love, I give you a letter - The letter "C". You can use it however you would like." I couldn't help it...The tears started immediately. It was such a selfless, special gift and such an amazing moment that I will never forget. I love him!

We decided on Hutton as a middle name for two reasons:

1. One of my big sisters, who I very sadly was never able to meet, was given the name Julia Hutton.
2. Evelyn Carmichael's - The matriarch of the amazing Carmichael family and my maternal grandmother - maiden name is Hutton.

Cora Hutton will be joining our family in four and a half months.

1 comment: