Tyler and I drove to Jacksonville to meet up with Jenn, Corrie and Jessica. We try to get together a couple times per year, but I know it's becoming less frequent as our lives become more complicated. It was great to see them. We had to work around Tyler's schedule, so we goofed around in the hotel room, ate (a lot...They were also on a sick, hungry, pregnant woman's schedule), went swimming, and spent a little time at The Landing on the riverfront. Tyler was pretty whiny and needy of his mommy, but he did pretty well.
We also took a family trip to New Orleans in July. We had never been there before and it wasn't like what we expected/had seen in movies. What a wild city! We had a great time people watching and sight seeing on Bourbon Street and many other areas, and trying new food which neither of us were crazy about (except for the beignets!).
Ty sitting with his daddy on the Mississippi River:
We visited City Park which had a really cool playground called "Story Land". (Excuse the not-so-great pictures...I was using my older camera.)
City Park also had a small amusement park. He got to ride a carousel for the first time and he loved it. He kept looking for his daddy, and when he'd see him he would laugh.
Matt really wanted to take Ty on the Tilt-A-Whirl and Tyler acted like it wanted to go on it. So, I was really nervous that once it started Tyler would freak out, but he LOVED it! It was awesome. He was laughing hysterically the entire time.
Before the ride started...Look how tiny Tyler looks!
Having so much fun!
We also walked through Jackson Square where Tyler performed a little:
We took Tyler to the Insectarium, which was pretty cool but I didn't get any pictures there. We also went to the Aquarium. Tyler loved it at first. He was running all over the place yelling, "Fish! Fish!" Then after a little while he lost interest, threw a few tantrums, and found a playground that he didn't want to leave.
We had a great trip and definitely wore Tyler out.
This never happens. Ty is not one of those kids who can fall asleep wherever he is. He typically only sleeps in a crib.
When we got back from New Orleans, we had to move to our new place. It was exhausting but we got it done. My mom was here this past weekend to see Tyler and to help us unpack. (This morning she left with Tyler to go to Gigi's house until Wednesday. He's having a blast.) Yesterday, my Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Mike brought over my cousin's kids, Jack and Gracie. Tyler was a little nervous at first but ended up having such a great time with them. We walked across the street to the playground. Jack and Grace just took Tyler's hands as they walked there. It was just about the cutest thing ever.
Once Jack let go of Tyler's hand and started running toward the park, Ty had to follow. As they ran there, Jack yelled out, "Here I come!" He ran straight past the playground and on to the baseball diamond. Tyler carried his tee and ball all the way out there.
Jack hit the ball and started running the bases. So, we told Tyler to run the bases with him.
Tyler hits the ball with the wrong end of the bat.
Jack probably ran the bases 10 times. After a while, Tyler just ran around the field, kicking the ball around. Maybe he'll be more of a soccer player?
We bribed them all with popsicles to get them to leave the park. It was Tyler's first popsicle and he loved it.
Precious second cousins:
Tyler Update:
He is learning so much and doing so many new things! His napping schedule has been very back and forth for a while, but I think he's definitely only taking one nap a day from now on. He's eating a little better, but is still very picky. He responds to our questions with "Yes" or "No" and he understands SO much of what we say. He's currently favoring his 3 short Winnie the Pooh books and he still loves his show, "Ah-Ah" (Curious George).
Pregnancy Update:
I am now 16.5 weeks pregnant and this past week I really just started to feel good and energized, and I have started to see some belly growth. Here I am at 14 weeks (I'll take another one in another week or so):
I haven't felt the baby move yet, but sometimes I feel things and wonder, "Did I just feel something?" So, hopefully I will be feeling him/her soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment