Tyler was baptised at Wildwood Presbyterian Church on Sunday, June 27th, by Bob Evans, the senior pastor. This was very meaningful and we were thrilled to have Bob perform the baptism because of our immense respect and love for him. The Laubs, the Adams, the Mayfields and cousin Pat were able to be there since they were in town for my cousin Colleen and Tai's wedding. It was a special day and we enjoyed lunch with the Laub and Adams families after church.



Colleen and Tai were married at Good Shepard on Saturday, June 26th. It was a beautiful Mass and I know it was special for them to have newly ordained Father Mike (Tai's brother) marry them. I have always been very close to Colleen and our cousin Lindsay. Now we are all married and we have all been in eachother's weddings.
My Wedding, 6.4.2006:

Lindsay's Wedding 6.20.2009:

Colleen's Wedding 6.26.2010:

I LOVE my cousins!
Tyler is continuing to scoot all over the apartment. He goes from room to room, getting into EVERYTHING. He loves wires, Buster's water bowl, cell phones, and anything else he's not supposed to have. He has cut two teeth (both bottom, center). He has been sitting up much better and can sit for a few minutes at a time now.
Ty has two different types of whines right now. One is (I hate to say) a girly, high pitched whimper. The other involves sticking his tongue out, making a nuh-nuh-nuh or a muh-muh-muh sound.
He is sleeping between 10-12 hours every night. For about a month, he was going to bed around 7pm and waking up between 5 and 5:30. I've recently started to put him down around 6:30 and he has been sleeping past 6am. It's wonderful! I actually have time to myself in the evenings once he's asleep (After washing the dishes, cleaning up the kitchen, taking the trash out, straightening up the apartment, getting his food and bottles ready for the next day, folding laundry, making his baby food, taking Buster out and feeding him, and making and eating my dinner.).
Just so I can remember this later, this is his typical schedule right now (within the hour):
6am: Wake time, 4 ounce bottle, 2 ounces fruits, 2 scoops grains
8am: Nap #1
9:30am: Up from nap, 4 ounce bottle
11:30am: Nap #2
1pm: Up from nap, 4 ounce bottle, 2 ounces fruits, 2 ounces vegetables
3pm: Nap #3
4:30pm: Up from nap, 4 ounce bottle, 2 ounces fruits, 2 ounces vegetables
6:15pm: Bath
6:30: 6 ounce bottle, Bed time
This is a much more manageable schedule than about 6 months ago when it was: Nurse for (at least) 45 minutes (at least) 8 times each day, nap whenever he felt like it for as long as he felt like it, slept for about 2 hours at a time during the night, and diaper changes about 10 times each day. I didn't think I'd survive it, but here I am!
And look how cute:

No comments:
Post a Comment